[sac-forum] Re: Medical Facilities

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 02:14:54 -0700

Along this same theme.... This Xmas I "inherited" the >very< olde SAC "First Aid Kit" from the stored junque that Jack Jones gave up... It was an old ammo can full of outdated, tired stuff that evidently Peter Manly had put together. (Some items dated from the 1980s!!) It had obviously long since given up any usefulness, so it was all discarded. May I politely suggest we add some suggestions to the "Star Party Etiquette" FAQ on the responsibilities >of each individual< going out into "The Boonies" as to what suggested stuff (A >current< First Aid Kit, blankets, etc. etc.) to take along in the event of "an emergency" occurring. (This could include supplies in the event of getting stuck on the road...)

Additionally, may I say that I don't think SAC has any legal responsibilties along those lines, but it is obviously prudent and helpful and useful to pass along such information, as any responsible outdoor activity group would do. Might "save a life", too.

As to CPR instruction, etc. it would be good to suggest possible places or resources where >individual SAC members< could receive training if they desired it.... Some of us may have had such First Aid training in the distant past (military service, safety training at work), but it would be good to know where to get an "annual tune up" or refresher training if desired....

Gene Lucas
(17250)

[earlier discussion items snipped -- GL]