[sac-forum] Re: Dirt Rd vs. Saddle Mountain

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:53:34 -0700

I also was not too happy with Saddle Mountain due to the headlights sweeping the observing field. If not for the drive on the long dirt road to the Dirt blvd site it would be fine. I live at 111th ave and Thomas Rd so the Antenna site is 75 miles from my doorstep. I sent Rick the contact number and e-mail address for the BLM resource adviser who would be happy to assist us in finding a spot within the BLM lands. I can send it to whoever heads up this hunt for a better spot. Here is what he said about us using the Antenna site.

"I appreciate you taking the time to contact BLM and to be a good land steward.
Call or e-mail me anytime if there are questions. Hopefully, the dark skies
can be maintained for a while between LA and PHX."

Thanks.

Rich Hanson
Resource Advisor
Recreation - Wilderness - NLCS