[sac-forum] Re: Dirt Rd vs. Saddle Mountain

  • From: "Dan Gruber" <dgruber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:02:15 -0700

I'm grateful to the folks who are willing to look for other alternatives.
Among the things you'll consider in evaluating alternatives, I assume that
one factor will be travel time from some fixed point like the 101 and I -
10.

My experience has been that Antennas, which I personally think is our best
regular site, is 30 minutes further than Flatiron, the extra 50 miles on I -
10 (at 75 mph) being partially offset by the longer drive off of I - 10 to
Flatiron. I understand that 30 minutes (and maybe net 35 miles) more each
way is significant, especially to those who can't stay the night. But at
what point would a time and distance difference not be worth it?

Obviously, we'd all like to find a new site that's as good as and as close
as Flatiron. Good luck to the search party, and thanks!

Dan Gruber