[sac-board] Re: We need a renewal postcard/letter to go out

  • From: "Peggy Kain" <pegsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:40:23 -0700

Rather than speculate about my actions as Treasurer in my absence, here is
the scenario regarding Steve Coe.  I wrote Steve a check for his honorarium
and he came back to me and asked that his dues be deducted from the check.
I am always reluctant to commingle dues with other expenditures such as an
honorarium since the check does not clearly explain the expenditure.  I went
to write a receipt to Steve but he said he did not want one.  He took the
same posture at our recent March meeting when he gave me the $100 for the
sales of the CD's.  I insisted on giving him a receipt which he should have
in his possession.

I made a special effort to mention this fact to Paul in the transfer of the
records so he would be informed and would count Steve's membership.   I took
great care of the SAC Treasury for the past two years.  All records and
receipts were kept in meticulous order.  There are a large number of
receipts written by Jack Jones and myself that have not been claimed by
members.  I would suggest that if Paul is having a problem with the records
that have already been explained to him that he ask me again.  I think that
it is time to focus on the future and how our Treasury can best be directed
to serve the needs of SAC members.