[sac-board] Observing Awards

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Bored <SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:22:12 -0700

This evening I got an e-mail from someone, out of state, that is
interested in participaing in SAC observing and award programs.  I see
nothing wrong with anyone using any of our programs for their observing
enjoyment; in fact it should be taken as a compliment.

The question comes up with the award to a non SAC member.  My position
is to make this award possible, but not at SACs expense.  We, I, SAC
would charge them some nomial fee to cover the cost of the plate and,
perhaps, part of all of the shipping.

Of course, they would have to send in the observations and remittance
for review before ordering and sending the award.

I'd like some discussion here in preparation for the next Bored meeting
for us to make a final decision.

Clear skies,
aj