[sac-board] Re: Need a format for "show and tell"

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:16:53 -0700

At 19:13 -0700 7/3/04, AJ Crayon wrote:
>Thad, it seems hard, for me at least, to come up with a set of standards
>for something that has worked so well over the decades.  But I'll give
>it a try and let's see what happens.  Actually the only thing that comes
>to mind right now is to put a time limit on each presenter.  I think 10
>minutes sounds pretty reasonable, but it should be extendable if
>requested and time permitting.  Time permitting here indicates there may
>not be enough Show-n-Tell presenters.  Also possible is to ask a
>presenter to limit the time to less than allotted so the overage request
>can be satisfied.  This type of concept puts some pressure on the
>president as there isn't much time to consider a decision and has the
>possibility of causing some friction.
>
>As far as trying to straighten out problems is concerned, this appears,
>to me, something that must be reviewed prior to the presentation, better
>if before the meeting.  I think this kind of situation will happen
>because we just don't have enough experience with the equipment.  Thanks
>should go out to all that were willing to help Jeff overcome the
>technical difficulties.

Since I had not used the equipment before, I arrive 45 minutes early,
but even after the board meeting there was no equipment to set up on
yet so I could not test anything. I may be wrong about what Thad is
asking, but to me presentations will go much smoother if people know
a better way to present things. Again, I think a PowerPoint
presentation would have worked much better than trying to show images
by themselves.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins