[sac-board] Re: Mars Push

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:05:25 -0700

I'll bet, seeing as how many we had at the last one. But I would say the
more the merrier, that is, up to a point.  At any rate, the Public Star
Parties are in fact handled differently and advertised differently than Club
Star parties (and I know the difference). Any fallout from them I consider
direct interest in astronomy and our Club and I then try to get them to go
to either a Club meeting and/or a Club event. (Anyone willing to drive to a
meeting of strange people (I mean strange to them) or 60 miles to somewhere
they've never been I would say is at least mildly interested in the subject.
Then it all depends on how they are treated once they get there whether they
join or go elsewhere.

That said, my point is still now is the time to make sure we have Club
visibility at the mentioned astro-businesses (strike while the iron is hot,
make hay while the sun shines, etc.) Plus if you can think of other good
places, see if they will allow some Club info sheets to be posted there too.
I think Stan should put Novice meeting info on the website, like in the
Novice section maybe?? (I see that only Thad and I were brave enough to post
our ph nos. on the Contacts page :-)  ) The current info sheet can be
downloaded at:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/sac.handout.0305.pdf

Jack