[sac-board] Re: Mars Push

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:43:39 -0700

Jack, et al;

I guess I am not thinking in the same mold as we have generally done in the
past.  In the past, the Novice group was aimed at folks who were either club
members or honestly interested in being club members.  This is NOT a public
star party at Cherry Road.  I think that we need to be very careful about
how we advertise these meeting.

Let's make certain that we keep the Novice Group of the Saguaro Astronomy
Club different from a Public Star Party.  The Novice Group is designed to
educate and answer questions for club members and potential club members, a
public viewing session is just that.

I have this image of a Cherry Road get together that has 100 vehicles.

Let's be careful;
Steve

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org