[romefloydhumanesocietychairs] Re: micro-chipping - FYI

  • From: Richard Landry <fivestar1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "romefloydhumanesocietychairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <romefloydhumanesocietychairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 20:51:13 -0400

Oh, no...  it was in response to what Jeanie wrote in an email regarding
micro chips.  *See below.*

I don't need to have my toes stepped on, because I  have never been able to
put out of my mind what was happening at AC for a long time before we
started shining a light on it.   So many stories about neglect and
indifference.  I believe every single one.  Some day you can ask me to tell
you the story of Kesha, the dog that was moved to the front of the line and
euthanized because the owner was sick, and had no money to pay a fine, even
though she pleaded with AC and begged them to release the dog to a rescue
group instead of killing it.  She had to go home and tell her five year old
that his dog had to go live with another family.  I have a stack of horror
stories, most eye witness or first person.   I'm sure you've heard all of
them too.  I'm just pretty thin skinned.

*There was discussion at the meeting last night re: micro-chipping. Someone
> stated that FCAC micro-chips adopted pets (for an add'l fee) when adopted
> through them. I called today and that is NOT true. They have not done this
> in over 5 years. Yet another thing that was eliminated due to "budget",
> Vickie said. Jeanie*

Email messages authored and distributed by the sender are intended as
private communications.

Do not Forward or CC or Bcc without the writers consent.

Lonestar Coastal 727-804-4235   Pilgrim Self Storage 770-749-1104   Living
and Giving  706-235-5530   Rome/Floyd Humane Society

*Of this there can be no doubt: when you save a single animal, or do
something to improve the conditions in which it lives, you have changed the
world.*