[rollei_list] Re: slide shows alive and well in Europe

  • From: David Dodge <dannysoar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:45:12 -0400

I'd have thought that the important number would be the coverage. I can't imagine that 6x9 enlarging lenses are hard to find. I have a friend who regularly enlarges 5x7's on an old 8x10 Saltzman (sp?) enlarger.
David

Eric Goldstein wrote:

You could use an enlarging lens if you could find one long enough. You
need a lot of magnification in projection. Typical speed of a
projection lens if f/2.8 - f/3.5 (for zooms), which is in the ballpark
for enlarging lenses. Getting a pright projected image from a
transparency is always a challange.

--- Rollei List