[rollei_list] Re: Why has Rollei not yet presented a Tele-Rolleiflex?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:24:27 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not a technician Ruben, perhaps Todd or Richard K
are the indicated persons for an opinion on your idea;
talking about a TLR it's necessary to think for two
lenses working right simultaneously, you'd need to
make collapsable two lenses working together and I
think this system is incompatible with the Rolleiflex
philosophy, two large and heavy tele lenses needing a
perfect synchro require a very strong focusing
mechanism. F&H and Rollei have patented two focusing
mechanism, one for the Rolleiflex, other for the
Rolleicord, both cameras seem identical for this
mechanism, but they have several differences
internally. Rollei developed a Tele prototype on 1965,
Friedrich Sommermeyer design, with a very strong and
long focusing mechanism based on the Rolleicord
system, Rollei almost don't need to develop a new
system, as I wrote, the prble are the new tooling
costs for the production.-

All the best
Carlos

=== message truncated ===