[rollei_list] Re: Using the Rollei 35 with Vivitar 283 flash

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:59:06 -0500

Carlos mentioned:

the Rollei 35 working with the Vivitar 283

A warning, discussed I think before on this list.

I got one of the first 283's some time more than 30 years ago and I still have it.

I tested it once by manually connecting the hot shoe contacts. Wow, does it put a load on the shutter flash contacts! I have used it on several cameras with no apparent damage and still have it with all the accessories (light angle spreading and narrowing, remote trigger, etc.), but no camera that I can notice.

I heard, on this list I think, that the design has been changed and there are also adapters to reduce that contact load.

In any case I suppose it's not much worse than the load of a BC flash pack for flash bulbs.

DAQ