[rollei_list] Re: Using the Rollei 35 with Vivitar 283 flash

  • From: Allen and Leslie Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:39:24 -0400

I have several 283s, my first from the late 1970s, but all I presently own
acquired since 1985.  By then, the circuitry had been modified to work at a
safer level.   At the time I had been completely ignorant of this issue, but
apparently dodged a bullet.  Since first acquaintance with the 283,  all my
portable flash photography on film since then has been with these units, even
some digital.  It remains my favorite even today, although nostalgia now plays
a role.

Allen Zak