[rollei_list] Re: Using the Rollei 35 with Vivitar 283 flash

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:46:22 -0700

Carlos,

Yes very true, but when I need a leaf shutter, with it's higher shutter speed synchro, I
use a Hasselblad or a Rollei TLR.

The Rollei 35 had to make too many compromises to be used quickly, that I had to give up on them. Though I must admit that the 40mm f2.8 Sonnar was a fantastic lens,
every bit as good as the 40mm Leitz Summicron.

Jerry

On 4/8/2013 2:51 PM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
Jerry:
           The Rollei 35 has a clear advantage on the Leica CL
regarding flash use, whilst the Leica CL has 1/60 flash sync only, the
Rollei 35 can synchronize the flash at any shutter speed, it allows a
wide area for creative shots playing with the exposure for the
background, f.e. subjects in movement to get some specials effects.
The Rollei 35 becomes a regular 35mm cameras about ergonomics with the
hot shoe adapter and you can use almost any flash unit.

Carlos

2013/4/8 Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Carlos,

Been there, done that, over 20 years ago.  Unwieldy setup, at best a FPITA.
It
  irritated me so much that I traded all my Rollei 35s for Leica CLs.

Jerry