[rollei_list] Re: Testing

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 09:14:10 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 7:43 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Testing

At 06:01 PM 1/24/2014, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>     Well, just to get people jealous, it is now about 74F
>here and 17% RH.  We are having a "Santa Ana" condition.

I highly recommend Raymond Chandler's 'Red Wind'
for a user description of the Santa Ana climate effects.

Marc

A widely anthologized story, the opening paragraph is quoted in books on writing as an example of a really good "hook". I used to be able to quote it from memory. The settings in most of Chandler's stories are authentic. If you know the Los Angeles of the period you can figure out what inspired him.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles