[rollei_list] Re: SL66 & focussing screens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:50:14 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hauke Fath" <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:53 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: SL66 & focussing screens

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:09:51 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:
A caution: The Rolleigrid seems to be made of a material that is
attacked by alcohol.

Thanks for the timely warning.  :)

A related question: Are the Rolleigrid lenses Rolleicord version specific, i.e. is there a Rolleicord II Rolleigrid and a Rolleicord IV Rolleigrid, or are they (where they apply) universally applicable?

hauke

The only one I am familiar with is for the non-removable screens in the post war Rollei Automat and Rolleicord. The screen drops in and has small wedge shaped sections for the retaining springs in the finder hood. These are the same small springs that are used for the finder mask for the Rolleikin. In fact, the Roleigrid and Rolleikin mask can't be used together (Well I suppose one could but I think it would stress the springs. The section of the focusing screen used by the Rolleikin mask is small enough to have relatively uniform brightness. Rollei may have made a similar lens for the later cameras but I have no information about that.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles