[rollei_list] Re: SL66 & focussing screens

  • From: Ferdi Stutterheim <fwstutterheim@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:59:39 +0200

Jan,

We have to distinguish between the "Bright screen" (Hell-Einstelscheibe) from
the late 1960s and the "High D-screen" (Bestell-Nr. 10772, no German name but
it is described as Superhelle Einstelscheibe) from 1996.

There have been a number of different Bright screens. Some have 4 full lines
for 4.5 x 6 images. The High D-screen showed only 4 corners and 4 short lines
in between for 4.5 x 6 images.

All screens are described on pages 62-1296 to 62-1297 of Rollei Report 5.

The last SL66SE Exclusive is from 1993. It was fitted with the Bright screen.
The High-D screen was standard issue on the later System 6000 cameras.

My 2,8GX came with the Bright screen but I obtained a High-D screen for it
later on. My 6008i had the High D screen from the start. I am very happy with
the High D-screens and have no Hi-Lux screen available.

Best regards,
Ferdi.