[rollei_list] Re: SL66 and weight

  • From: Peter Mattei <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:40:09 -0800

I shot my brother's wedding with a 50mm on the SL66 and it left people
gasping.  All, I think can be attributed to the different perspective and,of
course zero grain in the snapshots.  The 50 is compact and forgiving.  It
handles backlight well and has a beguiling out-of-focus field.  Nothing,
though, beats using an SW for select shots at a wedding.  I was lucky to use
one for a wedding here in San Diego. Dance-floor shots as well as the
requisite, "Bride Exiting the Limo" shot turned-out spectacularly.

I used to shoot the SL66 hand-held all the time...about five years ago it
began to get heavier. Hmmm....