[rollei_list] Re: SL66 and weight

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:53:11 -0300

2011/2/19 Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>:
> Carlos,
> Get yourself the much more compact 2.8/80mm Planar for your SL66 and it will
> become much more hand-holdable and it will also render some of your subjects
> lovelier (better bokeh etc.).

Hi Jan:
            There is a significant size and weight difference for the
Distagon 4/80 and the Planar 2.8/80 really, I preferred the Planar
2.8/80 since I'd need the Compur leaf shutter rarely, but I found this
SL66 and the Distagon 4/80 lens together in excellent condition for a
reasonable price and bought them, if I have the chance to buy a Planar
2.8/80 I'll do it. I found this Distagon an excellent lens using the
camera with tripod, very sharp.
I'm a TLR man mainly and I'm tending to use the SL66 for close-up
photography and some special DOF effect, but I like to try it for
"normal " shots sometimes, the Planar 2.8/80 would be more comfortable
for this purpose, thank you Jan.