[rollei_list] Re: Rollei taking and viewing lens alignment

  • From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:29:21 -0400

I for one agree with Eric and Richard on this. When shooting close-ups, the best shooters keep an eye on the background as much as the subject. One distracting element, usually a highlight, can really ruin a great shot.

Hard to do this when you don't see what's on the film in the viewfinder. Its also hard to see the depth of field. I use an SLR or view camera for this kind of work.

Eric Goldstein wrote:

Peter J Nebergall wrote:

having used just about everything, I feel this is an "angels dancing on
(with?) pin-heads" debate.  Unless you are going closer than my TLRS can
focus, its an academic construct, this parallax...

to get really close, use an SLR. I won't use my beloved IIc either. PJ Nebergall

As Richard K and I have both pointed out, this is incorrect information. The effect is there at 3 feet and can be quite obvious when using Rolleinars.

My best regards to your angels. :-)

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List