[rollei_list] Re: Rollei taking and viewing lens alignment

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:28:30 +0100

Mike, Todd
No there isn't any exterior evidence of an impact other than the fact that
the taking and viewing lenses(using the bayonets as a reference) appear to
converge slightly toward each other.
The repair house assures me that this is routine stuff for them so I'll just
to have to hang in there.
rgds
Chat

On 9/20/06, todd belcher <todd_belcher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looking at the front of the camera is not an indicator that the lenses are aligned. The front of the camera - the black painted cover and the bayonets - are not structural and do not have anything to do with the alignment of the lenses. It is possible for the front cover to be distorted to a degree, yet the lenses be perfectly aligned. Underneath the front cover, is the lensboard, which as the name implies, is the item that houses the shutter and lenses. In the E and earlier cameras it is made of pressed and formed steel. In the F camera is it cast aluminum. It is difficult to bend the lensboard and the F lensboard would crack rather than bend. It is possible it could be out of alignment. Or, the focussing struts that support the lensboard could be bent.

todd