[rollei_list] Re: People and Photo Permissions

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:15:48 +0000 (GMT)

It's a good question Jan, I have photographs very much
taken at streets and casual and no casual portraits
taken for a specific purpose that I don't upload to
the web because I have doubts about permissions, etc.,
and then I upload the photographs I'm sure they don't
have problems about this issue, i.e. photographs about
my family closer members, they  are also interested to
see and to have available their photographs in the Web
for several reasons.
However I uploaded and upload photographs to the Web
about other persons that gave me permissions or I know
there are no problems, some examples here:

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-88634.html
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-89183.html
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-84236.html
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-83032.html
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-87416.html
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-82769.html
etcetera.-

All the best
Carlos

 --- Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> Recent people picture postings on this list make me
> wonder how all of you all handle the issue of asking
> permission of your photographic subjects to post
> their images on the web.   I know I would be in deep
> trouble if I posted pictures of my family and
> friends - esp. pregnant or in swimming pools - on
> the web without their explicit permission.
>  Since I doubt I could convincingly explain "why in
> the world one would do that" (just try explain to
> someone to your non-photographic family the "photo
> hobby - people images as art" connection), I stick
> to landscapes and macros and the occasional
> anomymous strangers that "walk through" my pictures.
>  Perhaps it takes a certain self-confidence to post
> other images.  What do you all think?
>  Jan

>  Listers,
>  I've posted 2 recent Rollei shots for your review
> and comment:
>  http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn
>  #1.  Street scene.  The woman walked into my field
> of view as I was
>  composing for another shot.

Correo Yahoo!