[rollei_list] People and Photo Permissions

  • From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 05:59:38 -0700 (PDT)

Recent people picture postings on this list make me wonder how all of you all
handle the issue of asking permission of your photographic subjects to post
their images on the web.   I know I would be in deep trouble if I posted
pictures of my family and friends - esp. pregnant or in swimming pools - on the
web without their explicit permission.
 Since I doubt I could convincingly explain "why in the world one would do
that" (just try explain to someone to your non-photographic family the "photo
hobby - people images as art" connection), I stick to landscapes and macros and
the occasional anomymous strangers that "walk through" my pictures.  Perhaps it
takes a certain self-confidence to post other images.  What do you all think?
 Jan

 Listers,
 I've posted 2 recent Rollei shots for your review and comment:
 http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn
 #1.  Street scene.  The woman walked into my field of view as I was
 composing for another shot.