[rollei_list] Re: OT perhaps: Kodak motion picture film for still cameras

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:54:46 -0300

2011/12/16 Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> ...Well, it was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last; that is, the film.
>  Within 10 years, the slides had gone mostly magenta and the negatives
> unable to print properly.  Except for some Kodachromes, most of my color
> slides from that era are dead or dying.  It is actually painful for me to
> view them anymore...

Allen, you could scan the slides you consider valuable to restore the
colors digitally or you could contract a service to do it, results are
excellent for a work well done.

I finally bought two Kodak Vision3 250D motion picture color negative
film cartridges prepared for 35mm still photography, I have seen some
excellent results with this new film, a lab confirmed me they do the
ECN 2 process for the tiny rolls taking 10 days to deliver the
processed film, perhaps I'll use the film in January or February. The
next time I'll buy them from the seller directly, he sells them
cheaper than via the auction site because he does not pay the site
commission.