[rollei_list] Re: OT perhaps: Kodak motion picture film for still cameras

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:23:09 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Kelley" <jlkphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:59 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT perhaps: Kodak motion picture film for still cameras

Richard,

B&H lists as one of its features "Advanced Dye Layering Technology (DLT)." Is that marketing BS or something unique to this movie film?

Also, are you aware of any US West coast labs that could process a 36
exposure length of the 35mm stock?

Jeff

Well, I don't have a certain answer to either question. Kodak does not usually BS about color technology so its probably something real. Many modern color films have multiple emulsion layers for each color, some films have as many as twelve layers, maybe even more. The technology of making films is very complex. Its possible a Google search would find answers to both questions, I have not tried it yet.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA