[rollei_list] Re: OT: Sliders

  • From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:00:29 -0500

White Castle hamburgers are a rare and delicious delicacy.  If you
shun 'em, fine, it just leaves more for me.  (All they are is just
small hamburgers where the patties have hole in them and onions are
mixed in.)

PS- A camera-related note.  (This is a photography list, after all.)
Going through my uncle's things, I've found hundreds, if not
thousands, of old photographs, going back at least to about 1918.  I
also found the camera that took a lot of them- A Kodak #3A folder that
takes 122 film.

Back then, the developer would simply give you a contact print.  Many
of the original envelopes are still with the prints, too.

I'd guess it's fairly unusual both to have this many original family
photos, and the camera that took them- a camera probably over 90 years
old.  I also found an instruction manual, although it's for the
"autographic" version of the camera, which this one is not.

If anyone doesn't know what that means, on an autographic camera,
there is a little trapdoor on the back of the camera, where you can ot
a few notes onto the paper backing on the roll.  Somehow the pressure
creates an image on the film, meaning there would be a small notes
area on your negative (and contact print).

In the early days, I guess your local photofinisher would not have an enlarger.