[rollei_list] Re: OT: Ansco Reflex Camera

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:45:36 -0700

I have one too.  It's built like a fine Cadillac tank.  Really feels
impressive.  Unfortunately it's severely "over-built" IMO.  Supposedly
wanted to compete with the Rolleiflex and failed because it offered little
more at about the same price and they could not convince people to get it
instead of a good Rolleiflex.  I feel the same.  My 2.8E Planar I much
prefer, but keep my Ansco as a curiosity.

I like to look at the Ansco more than I like to use it.  :-)

Richard S.

On 5/14/06, Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi Sandy:

As you are the only person I have ever heard of that actually owned an
Ansco
reflex, I have to ask you about how you like it. How are the controls, etc
compared with a rollei and what kind of results can you get from the lens?
It
has always been a mystery to me why Ansco put a less well known lens on so

expensive a camera. What was their logic, do you think?

Jerry F.

--- SandyF <sbf70@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an Ansco Automatic Reflex that I have been using (very happily)
for lo

http://mail.yahoo.com