[rollei_list] Re: OFF-TOPIC - Bicycles

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:51:30 -0400

At 07:08 PM 6/7/06 -0500, dnygr wrote:

>To ride a good bike is a pleasure and a great revelation if you grew up
riding Schwins and the like where poor metal absorbed a lot of energy
before any effort was passed on to the wheels.

Doug

I am abashed to note that I have never ridden a Schwinn bicycle.  I learned
to ride a motorcycle in college and later moved over to ten-speeds of
various makes.

My main point was that, for most of use, the difference between a quality
$300 bike and $3000 dollar carbon-frame bike is a meaningless distinciton,
precisely as would be the distinction between a quality camera and a less
expensive camera to someone who did not do his own darkroom work.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!