[rollei_list] Re: OFF-TOPIC - Bicycles

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:22:11 -0400

Marc, I thought once of buying a motorcycle, but I decided against it.

My point is that a good bike can cost $300 dollars if it has a good, stiff frame and a decent level of add-ons. Maybe it's $400 or a little more one has to pay, but it isn't $1500. Of course the latter are better, but the degree of better does not equal the degree of increased cost.

So if one wants to buy a bike and not pay a lot of money, one simply has to find out where the entry point for a good bike is. With road bikes, 105 level is all one needs.

doug