[rollei_list] Re: Nikon Coolscan 9000 Information Quest

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:48:28 +0100

Hi Frederic
There is a useful yahoo group 'coolscan8000-9000' that you should sign up to
and find out pretty much everything you might need to know (and more) on
using this scanner.
The one essential tip I can offer if you are to buy this scanner is to get
the glass holder as well - its really a waste of time otherwise as your
scans will be noticeably soft on the edges if the film is anyway bowed.
Unfortunately (and this applies to all scanners) for black and white work as
you won't have ICE its a real pain getting very clean scans.
rgds
Chat