[rollei_list] Re: Nikon Coolscan 9000 Information Quest

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:57:39 -0400

> Hi Frederic,
>
>> From: <fre@xxxxxxx>
>> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:15:15 +0200
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am considering buying a Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED, to scan my 120-film
>> I produce with my rolleiflex SL66E.
>> I have some questions on this piece of equipment :
>>
>> - Does someone have any experience and tips?
>> - What is the difference between a scanned black/white , and the
>> print you get in the dark room? Is there a big difference?
>> - Other info would be nice too...
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Frederic

How big would your prints be you'd problem be ok starting off with a flat
bed. Which I still use now and my prints sell for $300.

Some day I'll swing a 9000 I have a 5000 but right now my medium format
stuff looks better than my 35mm scans or captures.
Like it should be.

Flatbeds are dirt cheap and have amazingly high specs and will scan your
prints which turns out to be way handy. The rez is the same as the neg
scanners only the depth is not. For some reason at the sizes I print which
could be 17x22 but tend to be around 11x14 or letter don't show any
dullness.

I'd planned also with a problem neg to bring it in and have it drum scanned
if I'm making a 17x22 with a problem neg and getting big bucks for it
perhaps.
But that has never happened.
I've never had a problem neg.

Mark William Rabiner