[rollei_list] Re: Meter Testing

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:32:44 -0400

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> <snip> The question with new is whether I would miss the needle, it's great
>> to wave meter up and down and see how far the needle moves between highlight
>> and shadow. <snip>
>

> The Gossen Sixtomat digitial is an compact inexpensive option with the
> ability to make a continous reading and show the aperture range of a
> subject. I think the meter has another name in the US.
> http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/foto_produkte.html?foto_sixtodigi.html,pict
> s/navi_foto_sub_01_sixtodigi.gif
>
> cheers
> Niels

They had been called The Luna-Pro digital F;
Before that the Luna-Pro digital.
F meant you could meter flash with it and it cost another 50 bucks but you
could not tell them apart.
When that happened I went out and got that one too.
That and my first one read a half stop under and I didn't know if I could
get it adjusted or not.
The F was right on and I used it for most things for years.
Their angle is 25 degrees Most meters are I think around 40 degrees.
so I really would leave my Minolta spot at home.
Not that I'd ever bring more than one meter to one shoot. That dumb I ain't.
They can sit in your top shirt pocket with the string around you neck and
you don't even know they are there.
Till you lean over.
Now to get one you can only get them at Adorama and they have their name in
them.
I see now its being called a Multiblitz Digital Flash and Ambient Light
Meter.
I see that it is a German lighting company
http://www.multiblitz.com/index_frameset.php?lang=en

It runs on one AA battery.
If I was an electrical engineer designer anything I made would have to run
on one AA battery.

Here is a PDF of the instructions. Not small.
http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/gossen_luna-pro-digital_f.pdf

This meter wins the record for having had more name changes than any I can
think of.

Mark William Rabiner