[rollei_list] Re: Meter Testing

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:36:45 -0400

I'd love to learn how to use my digital camera a meter for my film shots. I know what the histogram is, but don't know how to translate that in to EV for film.

Any tips?

Carlos, I'm not a ghost, but I saw only one other photographer using film during my two weeks in Nova Scotia this year. My Rolleiflex still got me into great conversations, and some at ease subjects. I shot all color this year, so I don't have any shots to share yet, I have to wait for the processing and scanning.

E.

On Aug 24, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I guess that the labs work, and films and film cameras and enlargers and lightmeters and similars are manufactured for imaginary people, perhaps these things are made for ghosts and the analog photographic equipment sold in e*** are for ghosts too :-) I could mention you a lot of LF and MF photographers using film yet, some of them at Flickr too, but it would be an useless effort.-

Carlos

--- El lun 24-ago-09, Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

I haven't seen a non-digital camera
here in Europe for years. The last
really good photographer I know who was still using film
changed a
couple of years ago.
I know people who still use 5x4 (4x5 in USA:-)) for
landscape. One of
them even uses a fairly old digital camera as his light
meter. He did
some experiments comparing the digital ands its exposure
histogram to
film and subsequently used the digital pictures and the
histogram of
them to evaluate his film exposure. He is a master
photographer and I
thought this was very clever, it works well, and -much-
more flexible
than a single cell light meter.
He can also use the jpgs from the digital on his web site
to advertise
the originals.
Frank

On 23 Aug, 2009, at 17:05, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I think digital photography has to do with the issue,
external flash
reads could be interesting even if you have a very
complete digital
camera, perhaps Europeans still use more analog
equipments than
Americans.

Carlos

--- El dom 23-ago-09, Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

Digital F is easy to find, but the
other seems unavailable. Maybe
North Americans use flash more often than
Europeans?

On Aug 23, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Carlos Manuel Freaza
wrote:

The Gossen "Sixtomat Digital" is called "Luna
Pro
Digital" in the
States and the version to take flash light
reads too
is called "Luna
Pro Digital F"
http://www.amazon.com/Gossen-GO4022-Luna-Pro-Digital-Light/dp/B0000AG939

De: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: [rollei_list] Re: Meter Testing
Para: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fecha: domingo, 23 de agosto de 2009,
11:52 am
Looks like a great meter - not
available from any of the on-line
merchants where
I would
expect to find it (in the U.S.).

On Aug 23, 2009, at 5:00 AM, Niels H. S.
Nielsen
wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 3:15 AM,
Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
<snip> The question with new
is whether I would miss the needle, it's
great to
wave
meter up and down and see how far the
needle moves
between
highlight and shadow. <snip>
    The Gossen Sixtomat digitial
is
an
compact inexpensive option with the
ability to
make a
continous reading and show the aperture
range of
subject. I think the meter has another
name in
the
US.
http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/foto_produkte.html?foto_sixtodigi..html,picts/navi_foto_sub_01_sixtodigi.gif
    cheers
Niels

       Yahoo! Cocina

Encontra las mejores recetas con Yahoo!
Cocina.

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by
logging
into
www.freelists.org

- Online, searchable archives are available
at

[...]

Correo Yahoo!