[rollei_list] Re: Marginal Rollie Magic eBay win?

  • From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:35:40 -0800

Roger M. Wiser wrote:

Keith - I notice you were the only bidder which gives a clue about the price / demand. The seller offers a 10 day money back guarantee if not as described. but since you bought it 11-20 the time may have run out.

Actually, he says "10 *business* days after receipt..." which turns out to be on the 14th of December.
Even tho' the auction closed on the 20th of Nov., by the time they received my check in the mail, it was later... I didn't receive the camera until the 30th of November! So, I still have a few days.

You could threaten Hollowood Camera with a bad feedback and perhaps they would make an $100 adjustment for the repair of the viewer.

I could, but I'm holding out for a return of my money. I've decided against an "adjustment."
I would personally accept a 40% reduction in sale price and keep it in my collection, but I'm certain he/they wouldn't.

Re the seller, all I had was "camera$" which is the seller's eBay name.
The location *is* in Hollywood so I suppose it could be Hollywood Camera.
I sent the money to a person in Bakersfield. This was a proxy sale?

I have sold a number of items on eBay and always look at the completed sales before listing to see if it is worthwhile.

I know. I certainly should have. When a good looking Rollei showed up on eBay and that coincided with my "camera money" having built up, I foolishly lost all reason and bought it without thinking!
So much for my reputation as an astute businessman! <g> It is to laugh!

Every so often I buy a camera outside of eBay thinking I got a good deal only to find that eBay has competitive prices.

I've observed that.

If you really wanted to get into the Rollei you night want to consider a T, like Bob Shell has.

Heh heh... I already have. I know I can trust Bob, so this will be a happpy transaction.

The Rollei Magic has some of the features of Rollei but in my opinion is not "main stream" but more of a novelty because of the automatic feature. There are 2 models of the Magic, if you have the "2" or the latest you can use it without the automatic feature if the meter goes out. I think most Rollei Magic owners on this list also own "regular" Rolleiflexs and most seem happy with their working Magics.

I suppose so. I have a number of unconventional cameras, from 1/2 frame 35s (Pens) to full frame 35mm, to 4X4 cm (Yashica 44A) to 2 1/4" square (Agfa Isolette III.)

Don't feel too bad about this deal ... many of us have had similar situations. Since I have been on this list I have received much guidance in buying Rollei stuff.

Roger

As I'm doing now. Why not.
I've gone thru literally dozens of learning exercises on the 'net. This is only one of many.
But oh my, what I've learned, without too much pain! ;-)

Thank you for the kind words, Roger.

keith

----- Original Message ----- From: "keith_w" <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>