[rollei_list] Re: Marginal Rollie Magic eBay win?

  • From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:55:03 -0800

Laurence Cuffe wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I felt it odd to ask a Rollei list about a Rollei that was listed at
auction somewhere. Loathe to reveal what I'd found.

Yup, we understand.  Its funny though, your never so likely to loose out
as when you think your pulling a fast one!

It was the seller pulling the fast one!
I merely took the bait!
My error was being too eager, and wanting to wrap up the purchase of my first ever Rollei!
Jumping in with both feet was most unwise.

Now if you can get your money back, do so. Just to make it happen it
might be worth your while to offer the seller a re-stocking fee "to
compensate for their time and trouble".

I plan to do that, and will offer to do so in my first correspondence with him. I have to pay something for my abysmal ignorance! Sighhh.

If not, and the meter is
working: Just shoot film, you may be pleasantly surprised. If you get the cash, or some of it back, buy bob's T. The T is a good
camera with a bright focusing screen, and Bob has a genuine reason for
selling it. I bought a T from the same lot of cameras as his came from
and have found it a joy to use.
Hope this helps,
All the best
Larry Cuffe