[rollei_list] Re: Lens recommendation

  • From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 21:04:37 -0700

On 08/08/10 09:07, Elias_Roustom wrote:
I removed the front cell; there was another piece of glass under it; the
fungus seemed to be under that.
Despite my best effort I have not been able to remove the ring holding
the rear cell (element?). The webbing seems to have increased.
It looks like the surface of the glass inside is shattered or gone over
with rough sand paper.

If you have removed the front cell, you should be looking at the rear cell through the aperture.

The rear cell should be easier to remove than the front one. I have a new style lens with the plastic aperture ring. The old one might be slightly different.

The rear cell is what extends beyond (in back of) the mounting threads. It has a matte black finish on the outside. To remove it, just grasp it and unscrew it. It it won't come out, use a rubber jar opener, piece of inner tube (my favorite weapon), or put masking tape on it for a better grip.

--
James Tyrer