[rollei_list] Re: F&H Picture

  • From: Don Williams <3237daw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:07:57 -0500

At 12:36 PM 10/17/2018, Carlos wrote:

I measured my Rollei TLR cameras bodies a few minutes ago: Rolleicord IV (1954), Rolleiflex 2,8C (1954), Rolleiflex 3,5F(1964), Rolleiflex 2,8F (about 1970) Rolleiflex T Whiteface (about 1974); all them have; Width:75mm (measured the camera basis where you find the Rolleifix slots); Depth:65mm (measured from the camera body front, ignoring the front panel, up to the focal plane line); Height: 110mm (Measured from the lateral side wall lower chromed line to the upper chromed line, ignoring the WLF), They share the same naked basic body.

Carlos

That's interesting and of course very logical from a manufacturing point of view. There is an illusion of size change from model to model, I guess based on the lens and light meter changes.

I've never owned one Rollei at a time and never gave body size a second thought.

Anyhow, I wonder if the dimensions hold all the way back to 1929, the 4X4 excluded. Anyone know?

DAW