[rodgersorgan] Re: Silent Night

  • From: "John Jarvis" <jjarvis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:24:35 -0800

I've enjoyed many of Fred's arrangements of Christmas music including
Silent Night.  Fred's love of the fun things in life is missed by many
of us but we are so grateful that his music company continues to thrive.

I can highly recommend "Encore! Encore! An Organ Tribute to Fred Bock"
with Mark Thallander as general editor.  This book contains 10 pieces
that were arranged in memory of Fred by such noted organist as Fred
Swann, Christian Elliot, Diane Bish, Joyce Jones, Jan Sanborn, Craig
Phillips and etc.  This book came out in late 2000 and I have used every
single piece in it at some point over the past couple of years. Each
piece is well done and is very approachable for those Sundays when you
want something new but no time to really work on something difficult.
{Carolyn Hamlin's "Lift High the Cross" has become one of my favorites!)

Happy Playing
John

-- Type: message/rfc822

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html