[rodgersorgan] Re: Silent Night

  • From: "John & Fran Meyers" <jack-fran1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:17:59 -0800

Yes, I am planning to play Bock's "Silent Night" for Christmas Eve services.
I will play a 25 minute medley of Christmas music; included will be Purvis'
Greensleeves. I am taking advantage of the Rodgers 905 and PR300S which our
church hopes to buy. Thanks for the registration suggestions. Just
yesterday, as I practiced, I was pondering what to use. Good ole 50-0
Strings on the MIDI was top of the list. Several years ago I went to an AGO
meeting where Fred was a guest performer. I took my Fred Bock book Vol. 1
with me and just like a teenager I asked for and he autographed my favorite
piece from it, "Morning Has Broken." Another Christmas selection from Vol 1
is "On Christmas Night, which he dedicated to Richard Purvis. Shortly after,
he became ill and died from an infection. Fran Meyers