[rodgersorgan] Rodgers Recital in INdonesia

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:59:58 -0500

I am forwarding this from the Indonesia Organ Discussion Group....

Dear Everyone,

I will be giving a short recital at Singapore Bible College (Adam Rd)
this Thurs
23, 3pm. Venue: 4th floor Worship Hall. Instrument: 3 manual Rodgers,
about 1 year old.
This is part of the college's weekly slots for performance
labs, recitals and seminars etc.

If anyone is interested, they are welcome to attend.
Most of the repertoire chosen was composed in response to Christian
hymnody
and /or liturgy.

Cheers!
Evelyn
Program:
Toccata in C, BWV 564   - Johann Sebastian Bach

Chorale Prelude: "Ein fest Burg ist unser Gott", -      Dieterich
Buxtehude
Hymn : A Mighty Fortress is our God

Chorale Prelude: "Komm Gott, Schoepfer, heiliger Geist", (from 18
Chorales) - J. S. Bach
Hymn: Come Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire

Rhosymedre ("Lovely")   -  Ralph Vaughan Williams
Hymn: My Song is Love Unknown

>From Rubrics- A Liturgical Suite for Organ- Dan Locklair
        "?And Thanksgivings May Follow"
        "The Peace May Be Exchanged"

What a Friend We Have in Jesus  -Dale Wood

Now Thank We all Our God, Opus. 65, No. 59 -    Sigfrid Karg-Elert

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa