[roc-chat] Re: Test

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:09:37 -0700

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:04:29 -0700, Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I'll shorten the time frame to a week, rather than a month,
and bump up the "transient" limit to a dozen failures or so, now that
you put it that way.  There's no sense sending mail to people who
can't receive it, but a few isolated outages weeks apart shouldn't
cumulatively knock you off, either. It's a balancing act, to be sure,
and the "optimum" settings depend on the list traffic levels.

And, it's done. The limit for ROC-chat is now a dozen transient failures, or 2 permanent failures, within 7 days before your email address is put into "vacation" status.

Cheers,

 - Rick "list admin" Dickinson