[roc-chat] Re: Test

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:42:38 -0700

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:14:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00), Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Somehow my account was set to vacation and I have not received
anything for a while.

Kurt

Kurt,

The mailing list will automatically move people to "vacation" status if it gets too many undeliverable ("bounced") messages in a short time frame. Currently, ROC-Chat is set up to put someone on "vacation" status if they have at least 7 "transient" bounces or at least 2 "fatal" bounces in a 30 day period. Transient bounces are things like "mailbox full" or "host unreachable" errors, and fatal bounces are things like "user doesn't exist" errors.

So, if anyone stops receiving ROC-Chat mail and doesn't know why, it'd be a good idea to have a few friends with different mail systems send you messages to verify that your email address is actually still working properly. Then, go to //www.freelists.org/list/roc-chat and make sure you're not set to "Vacation" status.

Of course, even if your email is NOT working properly, you can still always read the archives at: //www.freelists.org/list/roc-chat

 - Rick Dickinson
   ROC President