[roc-chat] Re: Test

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:04:29 -0700

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:54:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00), Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Rick.  That's good to know.  I'm not sure why I would have a
problem but by the sound it, it doesn't take much to knock you into
vacation mode.

Kurt

I think I'll shorten the time frame to a week, rather than a month, and bump up the "transient" limit to a dozen failures or so, now that you put it that way. There's no sense sending mail to people who can't receive it, but a few isolated outages weeks apart shouldn't cumulatively knock you off, either. It's a balancing act, to be sure, and the "optimum" settings depend on the list traffic levels.

In any case, the nice thing about putting folks into "vacation" mode after repeated failures is that it still allows them to SEND to the list, as opposed to what would happen if we unsubscribed folks completely.

Cheers,

 - Rick D.