[roc-chat] Re: ROCtober 2012 totals!

  • From: rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:45:14 -0700

On 2012-10-16 21:25, chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We spent a better portion of the day watching launches and speaking
to different participants and we had a blast until the three drunk
guys next to us broke out the marijuana and started lighting up. We
left immediately at that point.

Chris,

I don't blame you, at all, for taking off at that point, but I wish you had let us know that was going on. Drug and alcohol abuse is definitely NOT tolerated at our launches, and we would have made sure to stop it, had we been aware of it. The safety and well-being of all of our attendees is paramount.

ROC tries very hard to be a safe, family-friendly environment, but we need everyone's help to keep it that way. If anyone sees something going on that jeopardizes our ability to do that, then I encourage them to please let a ROC Board Member know, so that we can take immediate action to fix the problem.

(On the flip side, if you're a responsible adult, and want to enjoy an adult beverage after you're done participating in rocket-related activities for the day, and you do so without becoming a nuisance to anyone else, or presenting a safety hazard to yourself or others, then it's none of our business, and we'll leave you alone.)

Thanks,

Rick Dickinson
ROC President