[roc-chat] Re: ROCtober 2012 totals!

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:18:20 -0700

Chris,

Doing what you are doing... coming to launches, hanging out, talking to
people, and being willing to jump in and lend a hand...is how you do it.

I remember stopping by my first launch by accident back in November 1996
and doing the same thing.

One of the best coincidences that ever happened...

Chris Kobel

PS.  Sorry about the excessive drug/alcohol use you experienced.
Unfortunately, that seems to go with any large gathering.  My family and I
have enjoyed the generally wholesome, friendly environment at Roc launches
for over 15 years.

From:   "chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx" <chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:   10/16/2012 09:25 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: [roc-chat] Re: ROCtober 2012 totals!
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We spent a better portion of the day watching launches and speaking to
different participants and we had a blast until the three drunk guys next
to us broke out the marijuana and started lighting up. We left immediately
at that point.

This was our second time attending launches. Our first visit was the LDRS
launch in 2010. We have talked to a ton of great people at these two
events and are looking forward to meeting many more. I would really like
to volunteer my assistance in setting up one of the events if that is
possible. I am eager to learn all I can about this hobby.

It is a little nerve-racking when you don't know much about things, but I
want to help the best I can.

From: Mike & Nancy Kramer <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [roc-chat] ROCtober 2012 totals!
To: "roc chat" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:12 PM

ROCtober 2012 results

and the tally was:

1/2 A 18
A 126
B 327
C 707
D 85
E 82
F 25
G 44
H 26
I 29
J 14
K 12
L 1
unmarked 11

For a grand total of 1,507 rockets launched form 8:00 Saturday to Noon on
Sunday!

1,293 on Saturday, 214 on Sunday.

Mike Kramer