[roc-chat] Re: Please, share your wisdom and experience!

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 20:33:19 -0700

That's why you move somewhere like Apple Valley, where you can afford not to
have a mortgage payment.

Rick "living the dream" Dickinson

On June 26, 2015 5:32:43 PM PDT, Wedge Oldham <wedgeoldham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mortgage before Motors, unless it's for ROCstock, LDRS, or BALLS.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Mike Riss <rockt_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Mortgage before Motors.

Mike

On Friday, June 26, 2015 4:16 PM, Kenneth Harkema
<kenrico2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My favorite: if you 'twist and tape' don't tape to the lower airframe
. . .

Kenny

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
This could also lead to a section on what you have learned from dumb
mistakes..for example...Always make sure your quick links are
closed..courtesy of Wedge Oldham. Another one...that screw driver in
your hand was for arming your electronics before the flight, not after.

Kurt

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 3:40 PM, David Smith <davew6dps@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On this chat, and in the club in general, we have some pretty
experienced folks. Some who have developed special skills and
techniques over the course of years of rocketry.
We are always looking for those willing to put together "how to"
articles related to rocketry.
If you have learn some useful tips, or learned some things to avoid,
ease write down your thoughts and send them to me. We have a page on
our website to share experience and advice.
Http://rocstock.org/advanced
If you have some skills or tips from other hobbies or activities that
you find are useful to rocketry, we would like to hear from you.
Photo are great, and videos even better.
You don't have to be an old hand, either.
A quick write up on building your first high powered rocket could
help others about to jump off the deep end.
If you have any questions, or suggestions, pkease email me.
David Smith
NAR 78668, L2
Amateur Extra, W6DPS
ROC Board Member