[retroforth] Code Library

  • From: Charles Childers <charles.childers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:38:53 -0500

RetroForth 8 will be including a significantly expanded code library.
The library code is organized in blockfiles of 32k (Retro8 has 64
512-byte blocks per file). A few things are already in place or are
being worked on:

* Editor extensions
* Compiler extensions
* Interactive editor tutorial
* 386 Assembler from comp.lang.forth
* String words (zero and counted)
* Syscalls for Linux

I'll be doing system interface blockfiles for Windows and FreeBSD too.
I'm curious to know what other things you want in the expanded code
library, and what things you'd like in each blockfile. What extensions
to the compiler should I write? Which syscalls should be wrapped? And
so on.

Also how should the library be organized? Right now everything is in a
"lib" directory. How should further directories be laid out, and where
should things go in the library tree?

--
Charles Childers
http://www.retroforth.org