[retroforth] Re: 7.5 Development

  • From: "Helmar Wodtke" <helmwo@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:21:01 +0200

retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 24.10.04 18:34:26:

> : is both a normal word and a macro. This allows me to do:
>
> : foo ... : bar ... ;
>
> Without resorting to tricks like:
> : foo ... [ : bar ... ;
>
> I find that it makes code with multiple entry points more readable in
> the long run.

It's not a bad trick to use [
I sometimes have the problem to forget ;

Eg.:

: bla ... do something ...
: blub ... another .... ;

In case the : is a macro, the compiler does not say anything about "blub". If :
would not be a macro, I would get feedback from compiler about that "blub" is
unknown.

Bis dann,
Helmar

-- Type: text/x-vCard