[retroforth] Re: 7.5 Development

  • From: Charles Childers <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:01:58 -0400

>>* Should the interpreter stop executing when it encounters an unknown
>>word, or report the error and continue?
>>

>How about a variable controlling this behaviour?

That is doable, but it would complicate the interpret routine quite a bit.

>do we have defer? would be another way to solve to the first
>problem.

Here are definitions for defer:

: is here >r h0 ! 32 parse find compile r> h0 ! ;
: defer create here 5 - h0 ! $90909090 , $90 1, $c3 1, ;

They aren't in the core though (I don't see a need for revectored words
in the core, especially since they're quite easy to add). How would they
help solve the problem with interpret?

--
Charles