[retroforth] Re: 7.5 Development

  • From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:50:13 +0200

Charles Childers (2004-10-21 08:23):

> Here are some status updates and a few questions.
>
> Finished:
>
> * The bugs in the compiler have been fixed and it now works perfectly on
> larger files without the need for special hacks
> * .version has been added
> * execute has been added
> * Some fixes to the makefiles

Great!

> In Progress:
>
> * Documentation updates (and new formats)

Thanks for the work.

> Questions:
>
> * Should the interpreter stop executing when it encounters an unknown
> word, or report the error and continue?

How about a variable controlling this behaviour?

> * What form should version# take? (being discussed)
> * Should ." be useable inside a definition?

that would save me from typing type ... not important

> * Are there any other words that you think should be in the core? Or
> removed from it?

do we have defer? would be another way to solve to the first
problem.

> * I'm thinking of using this mailing list for future discussions
> concerning RetroForth's development (status updates will be posted to
> the forum, discussion will not). Is this a good idea or not?

yes, because the information is pushed to me, I need not go and look.
also, replying to mail in vim is way faster than handling the forum
software.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |